A form of dance that combines ballet and modern dance techniques. The name lyrical comes from the word ‘lyrics’ because the dancer uses the lyrics of a song, or instrumental music to portray a story through using emotion, or expression. This is a great way to help a dancer become a performer by connecting with the music and interpreting it accordingly.
Students are introduced to this discipline at an early age to learn how gestures and expression can contribute towards dance.
Classes are available for 5 years upwards.
|Student age (years)||Day||Time||Level|
|5-6||Saturday||10:45 – 11:15||Primary 1|
|7-8||Saturday||12:45 – 13:30||Primary 2|
|9-10||Saturday||15:15 – 16:00||Level 1|
- Examinations at the levels above are available.
- What to wear for your first lesson – There’s no need to buy anything immediately. Arrive in something comfortable and that you can move in easily. We sell shoes and the standard uniform items from the office.
- Class prices – This is dependent on the length of the class but the average price of a standard one hour class is £6.
- Do you need to have danced before – Not at all. We will try and slot students in to the most suitable class for them.
- If you require any further information please call us on 01603 763860.