A form of theatrical dance that has evolved over hundreds of years from its origins in France. It requires specific training due to its technical nature.
Ballet provides a firm structure for other dance disciplines, due its precision of movement and control of the body, and for this reason this subject is compulsory for some groups throughout the school.
The use of pointe work is also common in classical ballet, and students are assessed on their own individual strength and ability before being moved onto pointe work.
Classes are available for all ages, and abilities from 3 years upwards.
|Student age (years)||Day||Time||Level|
|3-4||Saturday||9:30 – 10:30||Babies|
|5-6||Saturday||10:45 – 11:15||Preparatory|
|7-8||Saturday||12:45 – 13:30||Primary|
|9-10||Saturday||15:15 – 16:00||Grade 1|
|11-12||Saturday||13:30 – 14:30||Grade 2|
|NADependent on ability||Monday||18:30 – 19:30||Diploma Ballet|
|Adult -Anyone over 16 is welcome||Tuesday||18:30 – 19:30||Adult / General|
|16-19||Wednesday||18:30 – 20:00||Grade 5/Intermediate|
|13-15||Thursday||16:30 – 17:30||Grade 3/Grade 4|
- Examinations to professional standard are available.
- Private lessons are available on request – Please contact the office for more details.
- What to wear for your first lesson – There’s no need to buy anything immediately. Arrive in something comfortable and that you can move in easily. We sell shoes and the standard uniform items from the office.
- Class prices – This is dependent on the length of the class but the average price of a standard one hour class is £5.
- Do you need to have done ballet before – Not at all. We will introduce students to the most suitable class for them.
- If you require any further information please call us on 01603 763860.